Re: Equishure Hindgut Buffer

Jody & John Bloom <johndbloom@...>

Thanks, Nancy.  Spring must be soon…a few daffodils in my garden yesterday.

On Apr 29, 2015, at 9:26 AM, threecatfarm@... [EquineCushings] <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

Hi Jody

The beauty of this group is in the way that everyone keeps you factual. Let me correct my previous message....simple sugars are is digested primarily in the small intestine.

In any event, it's not about fructans.  :-)

Hope you have lots of spring at your place, Jody.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
Invest in the health of your horse and help ECIR Group nonprofit at the same time! Hear Drs Kellon, Bowker and more, in eight hours of great info and informative Q&A from 2013 NO Laminitis! Conference.

Conference Proceedings & Recordings

-
On Apr 28, 2015, at 12:43 PM, threecatfarm@... [EquineCushings] <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

Fructan is not the issue with our horses.  The issue  for our metabolic horses, indeed 880-90 percent of all laminitis cases, is sugar and starch digested in the stomach causing a glycemic response, primary a rise in insulin.