Re: Pain relief for very painful horse) WAS Need Help ( Jasper's really sore 8 hours after joint injections)

Nancy C

I used to feed my Gabe four times a day.  I live in a temperate climate.  Cubes did okay for a few hours.  He would finish them before the next meal arrived.

Pretty sure there has been discussion on this by  Dr Kellon in the archives.  I'm on the run so will ask you to do a search on rancid cubes.  Or warm weather cubes.

Let me know if you don't find the info.

You'll need to experiment with how wet you need to make them.  Sometimes, it's just enough to make the stick.  With Gabe who had zero teeth it had to be mush.

25 gallons of water day could be symptom his IR is out of control.  Glad he is drinking though!

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
FACT:  Fructans were a highly popular theory of the cause of laminitis approximately 10 years ago. See  E. M. Kellon, VMD, The Internet as an Epidemiological Tool, 2013 NO Laminitis! Proceedings, Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.

---In EquineCushings@..., <sassafrass45@...> wrote :

Hi Nancy

Can the ODBT be fed free choice or close to it?