Re: second request, warm rear hooves

Kerry Isherwood

....."7) did her December injury catch up t her as she has not been exercising as much or as hard as before the injury, ....."

So she's a hard worker thats had a significant decrease in her workload for several months. I apologize that i cannot open your CH (says im not allowed?) to see what or if she was needing to consume to maintain weight for the intense training & competing and if it was decreased when her work regimen lightened. I also cant access her age or prior bloodwork but may be well worth checking her insulin before (or at least with) all the extensive bloodwork you listed (Selenium, VitE, Etc).

I have a rescued Saddlebred (my vet swears he's a NSH bc of his Arab-y croup and head) that had old blood in the white line in every hoof at every trim. My farrier assured me it wasnt a big deal and that most horses have that. I wish I had known to worry a little more so i coulda saved years of chronic hoof pain for my gelding. Though occ we had a good ride, for the better part of four years he was unrideable to the point of being dangerous, all bc his feet hurt. Now on a drylot & appropriate diet, my guy is a completely new horse with a wonderful attitude & is growing out much healthier feet. I wish we had more ASBs & NSHs in my part of the country (Northeast)...and more endurance riding!

Good luck, and im sure others will chime in asap,

Kerry in NY
Pinky Sept 2014
Tofurky Nov 2014

Join main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.