Re: sue & princess Special care grain

takarri@...

Hi Sue,

With the starch at a maximum of 11% and fat at 7%- I wouldn't necessarily call this feed a "safe" feed. You might be able to get away with a pinch for a taste tempter, but that may also be enough to put a sensitive horse over. I wouldn't risk it if it was my horse.

Pauline & Spur

Sth West Vic

Australia Aug 07

EC Primary Response

http://tinyurl.com/7qbdyas

---In EquineCushings@..., <wolffarm4@...> wrote :

Hello,
princess is doing a little better.. baby steps..
Has anyone looked at the new grain that tractor supply carries?    its called special care and nutrena makes it. it says its only 11% dietary starch.. is this nsc? . the reason I'm asking is that my horses are a pain in the but and are on strike on there grain/ timothy cubes. I was thinking of giving them maybe a 1/4 cup to put a little different flavor in the feed..
any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
thanks sue & princess
oh 6/11