OK to Test if Still Ouchy? WAS: Trim Review and Shedding Question

Suzanne Mansolilli

Monty recovered from the April trim within a week and we were back to walking, but after I did a touch up trim, he turned up sore again the day after. (We walked after the trim without a problem).  So I figured his pain may have been coincidental to the last 2 trims and was instead due to him nibbling grass through his paddock fence.  Barn owner put up a temporary electric cable inside the fencing. He's better, willing to walk in soft arena, but not willing to walk on road still, and it's been a month since last trim and a couple of weeks since the new fence.

I have been anxious to re-test his ACTH, gluconse, insulin, leptin for the past month, but have been way-laid by this soreness.  New vet is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, as I thought his pain would have resolved itself by now, but he's still a bit ouchy.

What to do?  Wait or go ahead and test?

Thanks,

SuzanneM & Monty

Western Colorado — July 2014