Re: hay analysis, better link

Kerry Isherwood

Nancy, thanks for the info, thats an excellent site to pass on. Now, how to tactfully broach the subject with the grower....

Really goes to show how the 'looks' of a hay bale can be so deceptive. This stuff is so green, & so dry, it looks like the beautiful loads that come in from the western states later in the year -- the enormous bales weigh next to nothing and literally explode when cut apart into a gorgeous sweet-smelling cascade of hay heaven -- we joke that we want to roll around in it at the end of each day bc it most definitely smells better than we do...but i digress

Thx again! Just wish I paid as much attention to my own diet as I do to my horses'...

Kerry in NY
Sept 2014