Re: hay analysis, better link

Nancy C

My approach was:

"Can I go over these hay test results with you? I'm spending a fortune on minerals. May I take and pay for a soil test and then we could go over the results?"

The first year I paid for fertilizing my swath of hay.  Never had to do that again but not everyone would be willing to do this.

I'm a wayward master gardener, knew we could do better, and was 99% certain he would be happy with results.

Cooperative Extension folks are wonderful in freely sharing info.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
FACT:  Fructans were a highly popular theory of the cause of laminitis approximately 10 years ago. See  E. M. Kellon, VMD, The Internet as an Epidemiological Tool, 2013 NO Laminitis! Proceedings, Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.

---In EquineCushings@..., <kerry.isherwood@...> wrote :

Nancy, thanks for the info, thats an excellent site to pass on. Now, how to tactfully broach the subject with the grower....