Re: split peas/fresh peas

kansteen5545@...

Hi Kathy -
Diet right now is a work in progress, since we have moved away from any grain. Weight is down this spring and am trying to get it back up - she's about a 4 on the scale. Her teeth were checked today and all was O.K. - It may be that I cut her hay back too soon this spring - so she's back to free choice and I have increased her Timothy Balance Cubes. I thought the peas would be a good addition. Thanks for looking up the info on the types of peas.
Karen
ME/2014

Hi Karen,

Are her protein and lysine requirements being met by her diet? How much additional protein do you want to supplement?> I checked a nutritional data site and 1 cup of frozen unprepared) peas has 7 grams of protein and one cup of dried split peas has 48 grams of protein.