Re: DST vs TRH to confirm Cushing diagnosis

Kerry Isherwood

....."because of bruising on his feet so decided to do blood test for ACTH. He has no other symptoms.".....

Assuming you mean bruising in the white line (not sole) and the possibility of past laminitic episodes, I would rather check his insulin/glucose/leptin, rather than the above risky tests, IMO.
I may be musunderstanding, but if youre referring to bruising of the sole, wouldn't that indicate mere "stone bruising" and not necessarily evidence of laminitis? The TB im rehabbing always has sole bruises when not in pads under his shoes.

My apologies if im not understanding your post correctly, or if i overlooked insulin/glucose/leptin results.

Kerry in NY
Sept 2014