Re: Jasper's Journal of Pulse & lameness last 10 days.

Robyn Tucker <VenturesV@...>

Yes, he probably doesn't want to lift either front foot because it will put pressure on the other foot.  My Horse stood on just 2 feet where he had a meniscus tear on the right hind and lifting the opposite front foot was too much for him. So he just stood on two legs. Jasper,  on the other hand is dealing with two affected front feet and there's no way to take the pressure off one when you lift. I think it's wise to leave them alone for this evening and let him rest. If the problem is strictly abscesses, he should be feeling better and better each day. Let's see how he feels in the morning.
Is there anything that you can give Jasper to relieve some of the pain while he is working through the abscesses?
Much love to you both,
Robyn

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2015, at 8:07 PM, sassafrass45@... [EquineCushings] <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

Hi Robyn or anyone willing to help.

He has some relief from pain but is unwilling to pickup front feet tonight,so ideas on how to get him to pickup feet??. Did two hot water soaks with epsom salt LF seems to have quit draining,RF has several soft spots on sole. I'am guessing abcesses are going to pop through.

Wont pickup feet so can't unwrap or get off boots to check. Had put icthamol not sure its spelled right ) To help draw out the puss.  Last soak he still had hot hoofs before i did soak,i also iced his feet after doing hot soak he really liked the icing. Not sure icing was smart to do with abcesses..

Will wait till morning to try soaking hoofs again,he's obviously to sore to be messed with tonight.

I still wonder if i'am dealing with laminitis and abcesses at the same time??

Thank you for the help,
Corrine and Jasp er
MN 4/2014
ECHistory8