low insulin test

tootsie2toes2

My small horse (approx. 800 lbs) was originally tested for insulin at 140 (range 10-30).  She's on 100 mg capsule once a day of cyproheptadine.  The most recent test came in as 6 (again range 10-30).  I'm wondering if I could reduce dosage of cypro to every other day or every day and a half.  She has no symptoms at this time of cushings.  She had a slight case of laminitis in one hoof in Feb. 2014.  However, I do not let her on grass.  She's old and has bad teeth.  I give her approx. 7 lbs. senior a day (divided into 4 feedings) but she is also able to eat some hay.

Thanks,
Judy Beumer
Oswego