Re: Clippers for Cushings Coat

Sherry Morse

If you don't want to invest in a pair of big clippers like the Clipmasters (610 Clipmaster Variable Speed Clipper Oster ( - Grooming - Clippers - Large Hair Head)

I would recommend seeing if you can find a professional clipper in the area and pay them to do the clipping for you.  I clipped my mare 3x last year and she's been clipped once this year already and I'll probably do her again within a month depending on how hot it gets and how hairy she gets.

The little clippers take - on average 2-3 times longer than the big clippers, they overheat more easily and ultimately they're just not the right tool for the job.

Thanks,
Sherry and Scarlet
PA 2014

From: "marktime@... [EquineCushings]" To: EquineCushings@...
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:51 AM
Subject: [EquineCushings] Clippers for Cushings Coat

My horse Rudy has a one inch-summer coat and a five-inch winter one.  He is responding to Pergolide and diet changes but the coat stays.  It is starting to get hot in Missouri and I would like to get a clipper and shorten his summer coat now, and his winter coat (not AS short) next spring.  I did some research and came up with this set of clippers.  Will this do for trimming twice a year?  If not, what should I look for that will not break the bank?

Thank you,

Judy in SW Missouri
4/2014

Join main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.