Re: poor fat digestion and shiny manure

kansteen5545@...

Hi Lorna -
It was in an article I read on line when looking up info re - horses manure - normal/abnormal - it said that if a horse is fed beet pulp it's manure can take on a slightly shiny look. I figured that what I was dealing with. You can look for the same info - and I will see if I can find that info again so I can let you know exactly what it said.
Karen
Me/2014

---- "windybriars@... [EquineCushings]" <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

I have read that this is not uncommon for horses that are on the Timothy Balance Cubes - mine is, and I have noticed that her manure has that same look to it that you are describing.

I'd be interested in where you have read this,Karen.

I have fed ODTBC to 5 of my horses,over many years, and have never seen manure like Beverly and you describe.

Thanks.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*