Re: poor fat digestion and shiny manure

kansteen5545@...

Hi Lorna -
I found it - the web site is: www.thehorse.com/articles/31417/what-does-your-horse-stool-say
It says: "High beet pulp can lead to reddish-brown fecal balls and a sticky, clear film around the balls".
Since my horse is on the Balance Cubes, I saw this as an explanation to what I was seeing, since my horse is in otherwise good health with current worming and negative sand in colon. I should not have said, perhaps, that the TBC were implicated - but only beet pulp in general.
Karen
ME/2014

---- "windybriars@... [EquineCushings]" <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

I have read that this is not uncommon for horses that are on the Timothy Balance Cubes - mine is, and I have noticed that her manure has that same look to it that you are describing.

I'd be interested in where you have read this,Karen.

I have fed ODTBC to 5 of my horses,over many years, and have never seen manure like Beverly and you describe.

Thanks.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*