Re: poor fat digestion and shiny manure

Lorna Cane

>It was in an article I read on line when looking up info re - horses manure - normal/abnormal - it said that if a horse is fed beet pulp it's manure can take on a slightly shiny look.

I'm confused, Karen.
You said this before:
"I have read that this is not uncommon for horses that are on the Timothy Balance Cubes - mine is, and I have noticed that her manure has that same look to it that you are describing."

It's interesting though - that description you mentioned. I've always thought that slightly shiny manure balls were a good thing.

Weren't we talking about a blue hue to the manure originally? And ODTBC ?

 Lorna in Ontario,Canada
 ECIR Moderator 2002

 *See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup