Re: poor fat digestion and shiny manure

Lorna Cane

Aha.
Ok.

I'm not sure what they mean by *high* beet pulp.
I've only ever fed about 4 pounds,tops.Have never seen the manure they describe.
I'm sure there isn't enough beet pulp in ODTBC to be considered *high*. But that's just my guess.

 Lorna in Ontario,Canada
 ECIR Moderator 2002

 *See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

>I found it - the web site is: www.thehorse.com/articles/31417/what-does-your-horse-stool-say
It says: "High beet pulp can lead to reddish-brown fecal balls and a sticky, clear film around the balls".
Since my horse is on the Balance Cubes, I saw this as an explanation to what I was seeing, since my horse is in otherwise good health with current worming and negative sand in colon. I should not have said, perhaps, that the TBC were i.