Re: Escaped pony!

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Beverly,

Are you referring to the definitions for Acute and Chronic in this document "Pain Relief Alternatives to Bute and Banamine"?

When you read the document's sections on Acute Laminitis and Chronic Laminitis each gives you guidelines for supplementing with J-Herb and ALCar.  I would continue to use J-Herb and ALCar unless she has pounding pulses and heat in her hooves.   Since she has on-going hoof issues and probably some vascular damage from past episodes I would monitor her hooves for heat and ice accordingly.  You are the best judge of how to interpret the recommendations in the document as they apply to Ginger and adjust based on her responses.

The additional Magnesium is a good thing to add to her diet regardless of acute or chronic.

This is how I understand the document and the recommendations.  The Moderators  may have other suggestions for you.

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI  10/12

 Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance