Re: The IR blues...NOW: the complete picture

Nancy C

Just a reminder for young diagnosed horses. The complete picture needs to be taken in to account: symptoms, how the horse was diagnosed, time of year, what test, and under what conditions. . Even which lab. Why we want you to understand the differences in recommended tests.

Sticking my neck out here but suspect that there are more than a few horses, hopefully not on this list, that are unnecessarily on pergolide because the whole picture was not looked at.

It's why we are so tough in asking for your updated case history.  We want to help you look at the whole picture, with all details in place, before you make a decision.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
FACT:  With over 12,000 members and thousands of detailed case histories the ECIR Group has made it possible to spot patterns, many of which have been confirmed later by formal study.  See  E. M. Kellon, VMD, The Internet as an Epidemiological Tool, 2013 NO Laminitis! Proceedings, Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.