Re: Now: colick Trouble Jasper's Journal of Pulse & lameness last 10 days.

janieclougher@...

Hi, Corrine - I am so glad the two of you are getting a little rest!  As long as Jasper keeps drinking,  all is well.  Take his bucket to him if necessary.  Also, he just needs to sit up sternal (or even better, get up and then lay back down) every few hours to avoid pressure problems.  (Lorna can advise on this - she's been there, done that with her crew)

Once he is more up and around, you can definitely boot him and turn him out.  You can put the Numotizine on his soles in the boots; then do the diaper thing when he comes in for the night (I know he usually is out 24/7, but til the abscesses are out and healing, he should have the poultices - just don't need to do it all day)

You are doing an amazing job.  Hang in there - everyone is cheering for you and Jasper.