Re: Natural Foods

corrine haffner

<<<Optimum EQ is primarily blue green algae. It is extremely dark green.
The tiny bits of dried veggies, fruits and nuts.>>>>

Hi Beverly

I'v been following your post. Even just tiny bits of high sugar/starch fruits can be enough to set off a laminitis episode in an IR horse. That is what everyone on here is trying to point out to you, it doesn't have to be a huge amount for a sensitive horse.

Even that tablespoon a day of this supplement could have just enough tiny bits of fruits in it to keep your ginger laminatic or sore footed.

I know from experience that jasper can't handle even a tiny amount of apple or carrot, just one tiny peice and he's sore footed next day. Something to think about,it took me a long time to come to the fact that my horse can't have treats loaded with sugar/starch not even a tiny little piece.

Corrine & Jasper
MN 4/2014