Connection between IR and Thyro-L?

Anthie Booras

I have a 9 year old Irish Draught Sport Horse mare that has been on Thyro-L for the last 5 years. I've made several unsuccessful attempts to wean her off of it in that time. Recently I've noticed her crest gets larger and harder when seasonal rise occurs, but I increase her Thyro-L to two scoops and the crest is back under control. As spring comes and in to summer I can decrease her Thyro-L and her crest stays happy until the start of seasonal rise again. We ran a TRH response ACTH test, insulin, and glucose last week. My vet found the results unexciting, but I'm not so sure. I'm sure there has to be a connection, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks for any help and hopefully I've attached her case history correctly.

Anthie and Erin

ECHistory8