Re: new to the group and looking for help with IR and laminitis

vicky monen

Hi,

Thank you so much for all the information.

I believe I made a mistake on my history as I put things that I had done prior to the Diagnosis of IR,  like bad treats and the 27/7 grass turnout.  All this has been stopped since July 2015 and he is on a very restricted diet.

 Is there any low starch/low carb feed concentrate that is at all acceptable to feed to get the horses vitamins and minerals in.   The barn I am at, is a very small private boarding place and getting them to soak the hay, or even soak beet pulp, will be difficult if at all possible.

My question right now is, I know that our geographical area  is low in copper and I had to supplement a previous horse with copper which he was deficient in.

Would it be beneficial to add the copper to Samsons diet?

I am stopping the red cell immediately.

Is there anyone from Georgia that has had success in finding a good hay source with good 10% or less results?

Thanks again,

Vicky Monen and Samson

Ga, Aug 2015