Re: Pet health pharmacy

Nancy C

Lj

I reviewed the thread, which has others to previous discussions.  You need to call Pet Health.  The question at this point is, if they are doing this, what is the reasoning.

Dr Kellon has commented and stated that Prescend and compounded pergolide is all pergolide mesylate and that there is no such thing as "pure pergolide mesylate".

If the compounders are in fact using more pergolide mesylate in caps,  you need to ask them why they are doing so.  I would additionally speak with my vet as to his/her take on why what was dispensed was different from the script that was written.

In the meanwhile, I hope you have not held off giving Jessie the meds.

Don't forget to sign your posts.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
FACT: The VA Polytechnic Pony Study is the only study to look at IR and laminitis under natural conditions. Learn more at the 2015 NO Laminitis! Conference in Georgetown, Texas, November 6-8.
Guest Speakers

---In EquineCushings@..., <lj_friedman@...> wrote :

No.  One of the moderators asked Dr. Kellon to comment on this.. havent heard anything yet..