Safe capsule fillers for pergolide?

Sue

Hi Dr. Kellon,

I have just had a conversation with my vet about the compounded pergolide.  She discovered that the capsules can hold a maximum of 100mg. of pergolide (this seems like a lot they are quite small) and the filler is lactose.
Being a sugar is this a problem for our horses?
Should she ask for a different filler and if so what should it be?
Would this cause Busy's glucose and insulin levels to stay high? His Glucose is 6.2 on a glucometer,  insulin 141 ulU/ml ( I will have to check that this is right as the one in August was only 49.5 ulU/l.)

Thank you,

Sue and Busy
Kingston,ON
October 2010