Re: More sore day after trim, ok to give bute?

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Dee,

Nothing to be embarrassed about - we've seen far worse issues on horses being managed with professional help. It is such a pervasive problem that it was the topic for my presentation at the ECIR No Laminitis! Conference last month.

Be happy to do the mark-ups for you, just say the word. Also know you aren't alone in tackling this problem yourself as there are my members here who have found themselves in the same position and have very successfully rehabbed their horses' feet.

Unless your name happens be Gates or Rockafeller, money is always a consideration. We all do what we can, as we can. Just prioritize and go from there. Xrays are really helpful but certainly not mandatory - not having them just means you need to make certain assumptions and be a bit more careful with the changes you make until you see how the horse is going to react.

Hang in there, take one day at a time and soon everything will fall into place.

We ask that you take a moment before hitting send to delete (most of) the message you are replying to so that the posts don't become seemingly endless reams of repeat info that bury the new. Thanks for your help with this.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team