Re: New Leptin test over the moon!

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

No reason you can't increase his magnesium as long as you know where your ratios are.  That said, really the differences in his G:I ratio and RISQI are not very significant, despite the fact he was hovering on and just crossed the line between compensated and uncompensated.  Since he's doing well clinically I wouldn't worry unduly about this.

Leptin is an indicator that points to likely IR.  It's probably not as sensitive to diet changes as insulin but is influenced by many things including time of day (human data), time since last meal, size of meal, exercise, stress/cortisol and possibly other things.

EC Co-owner
Feb 2001