Re: WAS: I don't know what else to do NOW: Soaking hay

Nancy C

I soaked for 12 hours in an insulated cooler which keeps the hay from spoiling in the heat or freezing in the cold with good room for adequate water.   Easy to drain.  And yes, those results were from that soak.

As far as I am aware the recs of the ECIR Group are to soak 30 mins in hot water, 60 in cold.  I had to adapt to what worked for me through the summer and winter and wanted to share my one-rat findings in this current thread.  Pretty sure I've done so before, at least the bit about the cooler and 12 hours, but I may be wrong.

HTH

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Group Mod
February 2003