Re: WNV VAX question

Sara Gooch

Regarding the BI West Nile vaccine vs. Recombitek:
Do
there seem to be fewer side-effects with the  Recombitek vaccine?  For some reason, I was under the impression that it was a live virus vaccine and therefore had less adjuvant added and therefore less of a potential for side-effects (like colic).  Or am I way off-track with that notion?

Also, if a catalog vaccine supplier like Valley Vet or KV Vet says they ship vaccines on an ice pack in a Styrofoam box and ship to miss a weekend delay, would it be safe, or still risky to buy vaccines from them?

Thanks,
Sara, 2011 NE California