Re: Permax

Susan Laflamme <f4mlatir@...>

Hi Chris,
My horse Darby was diagnosed with cushings last year, she has probably had
it since her first attack of laminitis 4 years ago. Darby is 40+ years old,
she is on cypro but it hasn't done much for the insulin problem. I have cut
out all sweetners, fruit, carrots from her diet. I give her dog bones for
treats. Cushings horses also often have high blood pressure so watch the
salt. Darby's symptoms are cronic laminitis and high insulin. She has never
had a problem with shedding.
I hope your horse does well and has many good years ahead.
Sue