Legends Omega Plus - Suitable for IR mare

DawnC

I have been feeding Triple Crown Omega Max which is 100% flax to my IR mare. Recently at my feed store I saw the Legends supplement which is flax based - Legends Omega Plus. Is this suitable for an IR mare or too many other things in it?

Features Benefits
Flaxseed Based Formula. To provide high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids.
25% Fat. Provides additional calories for performance or weight gain without hyperactivity.
Extruded Particles.   Which mixes well with other feed forms.
High Vitamin E Content. Which enhances antioxidant protection for optimal immune system and muscle function.
Balanced Levels of Calcium and Phosphorus.   To complement existing feeding program.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein(min.)12.00%
Crude Fat(min.)25.00%
Crude Fiber(max.)10.00%
Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)(max.)12.00%
Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)(max.)17.00%
Calcium (Ca) (min.) 0.80%(max.)1.30%
Phosphorus (P)(min.)0.40%
Magnesium (Mg)(min.)1.00%
Potassium (K)(min.)1.00%
Copper (Cu)(min.)30 ppm
Selenium (Se)(min.)0.30 ppm
Zinc (Zn)(min.)90 ppm
Vitamin A(min.)4,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D(min.)400 IU/lb
Vitamin E(min.)300 IU/lb
Omega-3 Fatty Acids(min.)5.00%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids(min.)10.00%

Feeding Instructions

TO SUPPORT WEIGHT GAIN AND STAMINA
Feed Legends Omega Plus: 0.50 to 1 pound per 500 pounds of horse’s bodyweight per day. Add to the daily ration starting at 0.25 pound per day and gradually increase to the desired amount. This is a supplement to be fed in addition to a fortified horse feed, such as any Legends premium feed.

TO SUPPORT OPTIMUM HOOF CONDITION AND HAIR COAT
Feed Legends Omega Plus: 0.25 pound per 500 pounds of horse’s bodyweight per day. This is a supplement to be fed in addition to a fortified horse feed, such as any Legends premium feed.

Thanks!
Dawn & Roma

Middletown, DE