Re: Hoof radiographs uploaded

Stephanie Stout

Hi Dr. Kellon,

Thank you very much for looking at his x-ray! What do I do for the ringbone? Do you agree with the vet's instructions to reduce dorsal hoof(toe), and lower the heel(then shoe with pad wedges to slowly realign)? Or not? The vet isn't very experienced in dealing with hoof issues. Is there anything I can give him to help?

The vet recommended that I start him on Previcox, 1/2 of a 227mg tab per day, for his pain but I'm hesitant since I know that Previcox can damage hoof growth, and can cause more IR issues since it is an NSAID(correct?). He is hobbling around but in very good spirits. Do you think I should give Previcox, or is there something else for pain that I can give him that is safer/more effective?

King and I say thank you very much for all your help. I can't imagine what I would do without your advice.

--
Stephanie & King
October 2014