Re: Cornell test costs

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Karin,

I'd be really happy if that was all my vet charged for that set of testing.

The Cornell prices are what the vet must pay to Cornell to do the tests once they receive the blood. It doesn't include any of the costs on the vet's end - supplies (needles, syringes, blood collection tubes, shipping container, ice packs), time, general overhead (equipment, gas, heat/electricity at clinic, staff, insurance, etc) - that must be covered in part by every client. It also doesn't include the profit that they need to make to stay in business as that is where their paycheck comes in after all the other costs are tallied up.
--

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team