Pergolide Strength #pergolidestrength

I switched my prescription of 10mg pergolide to Pet Health in Arizona./  It was time for a new prescription and I needed 10mg since Ambers ACTH had gone up again (61.3).  I know there was discussion about the strength of pergolide but I didn't really follow it since I was using Thriving Pets and Amber was doing well.  Now since I have changed pharmacies the question of " how much pergolide is in 1 mg" has come up.  The pharmacy called my vet and told him that 1mg of their pergolide contains 1.31mg of pergolide.  So my question:  Am I giving my horse 10mg or 13.1mg of pergolide?

--
Jean and Amber

South Carolina

August 2004