Ongoing care

Tori & Floss

-- Hello :-)

My mare is into her 5th week of care now for laminitis and I was wondering what is the best way to start the turn out process once she is well enough to go out?

She is currently stabled/yarded 24/7 and won't be well enough to go out for another couple of weeks I don't think but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is Summer here in South Australia and we had above normal amounts of rainfall over winter/spring and the paddocks are still green but slowly burning off.

Should I put her in the driest paddock on the property and continue to stable for a time over 24hr period or will it be safe to put her straight out?

Thanks so much for any help.

Tori

December, 2016

Adelaide Australia