Re: shipping boot/warm

Lorna Cane

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 08:32 am, jakehorse10 wrote:
I assume I would have to change regularly so dirt and mud do not accumulate inside.

 It depends.

On the weather, the footing, on Jake's activity.

How often do you see him?

Yes, it's a good idea to make sure shavings,etc. are not accumulating inside.This happens more when they get up from lying down than it does from just daily activity.

If he's tromping through muck you'd want to keep a closer eye. But maybe the muck means the temps have risen and he wouldn't need leg warmers on anyway.

Sometimes snow will accumulate between the hoof boot and the shipping boot,depending on how deep it is,but it's not necessarily a catastrophe.

The velcro used these days is really tough,and if the shipping boots are applied properly they shouldn't come off.......I'm thinking Jake isn't overly active (?)

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario, Canada