Re: Was IR Increase -Now Toe tenderness with Pulse

He is on a mineral mix based on his hay and the ODTB cubes. This was not created by me! I did play around with flavor enhancing, the alfalfa pellets then the TC Lite when he was reluctant to eat the cubes with all the salt and minerals. I figured that quantity was small enough to not need a change in minerals. He had lost weight during a period in Dec when he had a virus with high fever. His exercise level went to nil for over a week and the crummy weather kept his exercise level lower for some time. Still had him out walking undersaddle but slick footing reduced energy consumption. I let him gain some weight again.

So, I could drop back to ODTB cubes, his minerals & salt, flax and vit E. Soak his hay, not a problem, I rinse all hay in a tub anyway and horse is here at home. Magnesium in hay alone meets his requirements. His diet balancing required no additional Mg.

I do have PhytoQuench on hand and had been thinking about adding it back into his diet. I FORGOT this. I had been feeding it at half dose and dropped it out of his diet when he was sick and not wanting to eat.

I just read a recommendation for using PhytoQuench to help fight the inflammation of laminitis. Any reason to not give Phytoquench ATT?

Is Metformin an Rx drug? So far my searches have found posts about on going use but would like to read a post with an explanation about it's use and how to use it, when to use it.

I take it Jiaogulan tastes bad? Good source? Uckele or ?

--
- Bonnie 07-2016

Charles County, Maryland

Mouse Case History, Photo Album