Re: Can I stop soaking hay?

k frog

Hi Maggie,

 EA doesn't have that original sample any longer. The hay was originally tested in August of last year, shortly after it was purchased by my supplier.

 He tests most of the hay he sells, which is why I buy from him. I have noticed he tests some of his hay for nitrates and not others. I guess I should ask him why.

 He had another hay there for me to choose from that tested lower in protein, but slightly higher in ESC/Starch. That field he had tested for nitrates. 11.2% CP, 0.05% Nitrates. The fields are next to each other, but I'm not sure if they are managed the same. It was tempting, but at this point in my game I am pretty focused on low ESC/S.
--
Karen F

October 2013

Molalla, Oregon