Re: DP Xray & hoof photo added NOW: New radiographs added

Stephanie Stout

Hi Dr. K and Lavinia,

I got new radiographs of King (hopefully the correct views) so you can see what you need. He quit abscess draining about 3 weeks ago, and has been dry since. He still won't put his hoof down horizontal with the ground(as you can see in the films) which is possibly a combination of hoof, and tendon problems. What do you recommend I do to help him get his hoof more horizontal? Shoes with special pads? Or ? I do have Soft Ride boots for him but he hates them as they shift, and slide part way off when he gets up and down.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/1402/4?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/1402/5?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/1402/6?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0 (The vet had a hard time getting this one as he won't put his foot completely flat)

Thank you very much!!!