Pergolide dose prior to blood draw??

Sara Gooch

I have blood draws tomorrow that will be sent to Cornell to see if current dosage of pergolide is still keeping ACTH levels in the low to  mid- range. Blood draw is at 10:30 a.m.  I know the feeding protocol, but my vet and I are wondering if current dose of pergolide should be given at regular time around 7:30 or 8:00 a.m., prior to the blood draw at 10:30 a.m.?   Would giving the current pergolide dose as usual prior to the blood draw make an artificial temporary ACTH spike in the blood-draw sample? Should I give the pergolide earlier, when I first give the hay around 6:30 a.m.?  Or Should I wait to give the pergolide until after the blood draw?  My vet wasn't sure. I'm lucky in that my vet has great respect and gratitude for this group and what it stands for.  Thanks from both of  us.

Sara,  2011, Northeast California