Re: Percentage of Cushing's to get laminitis?

Hi, Lauren - I don't have actual statistics for you (besides saying "Most of them will get laminitis"), but I can also tell you that along with laminitis comes a general feeling of malaise, poor immune function (some of these horses die from sinus infections, or rather from complications therefrom, such as not eating), and also they just waste away. The weight loss and muscle weakness can result in them slipping and falling in the winter, and being unable to get back up; or slipping and falling in mud etc. Using compounded pergolide is a very inexpensive way to give a Cushing's horse a good quality of life. I know I am preaching to the choir, but this is just a bit more information you can pass on to your friend.
--

Jaini Clougher (BSc,BVSc)

Merlin (over the bridge) ,Maggie,Gypsy, Ranger

BC 09
ECIR mod/support

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jaini%20and%20Merlin-Maggie-Gypsy