Splash updated photos

k frog

Hi Lavinia and all,
 I have added some recent photos of Splash's hooves. She is moving great and I have started exercising her under saddle. Trail rides at her chosen pace, within reason. She can be a spitfire.
 I feel like my trim is making progress, along with her growth. The traumatized section of hoof seems to have grown out from last Octobers laminitis attack.  She tends to flare laterally on both fronts, the right is worse, but she also toes out, so I think this will be a constant maintanence issue with her.
 I'm also trying to get her heels back a bit. Pete Ramey suggested to rasp a 5* angle at the back of the heels. That is currently my plan.
 I'm open to suggestions, and comments on the new photos. It is a constant work in progress.
--
Karen F

October 2013

Molalla, Oregon