Re: Introduction

Robin <Eclectk1@...>

Hi & thanks for the introduction!

Can we talk you out of the name of the online permax sources you've
found? Would also be interested in the number and perhaps the best
vet or two to talk to if I should give Cornell a call...

Your email got me thinking... I wonder if any of the veterinarians
working on cushings would be interested in monitoring our list? Lord
knows they'd sure get feedback and information on how cases are
proceding and what problems are encountered, and lord knows WE'D sure
be interested in having that sort of monitoring and occassional input
provided! If any of you are dealing with universities or studies,
maybe mention us to them and give them the email address -- or get
thiers and I will send them an invite!!!

Thanks all, and again, welcome to all the new memebers!

Robin
Desert Springs Sport Horses
http://www.Sportshorses.homestead.com
(best viewed in explorer 4.x or newer)
--- In EquineCushings@..., dbfarm@f... wrote:
Hi to everyone and thanks for sharing your experiences at this very
helpful site. Thought I should introduce myself since I keep
checking
in every so often and looks like I'll continue to do so. It's
interesting how different everyone's stories/cases are. It's been
reassuring to see so many others who have not given up on
their "old
friends". I can appreciate the challenge of managing this disease
in
all its ramifications, since my 20 year old gelding was diagnosed
last year. One works hard to become an "expert" on it quick! It's
so
valuable to hear the real-life experiences you all experience;
reading the limited clinical research just isn't enough!

Besides my wonderful local vets, I have found the Cornell U. staff
very happy to advise (we live closeby) - anyone should feel free to
give them a call with questions. There are numerous online
drugstores
where the meds are signigicantly less expensive, which is
encouraging
to me since my horse is on a fairly hefty dosage of Permax (1 mg).
Having found so much support on the internet, I am much more
optimistic for the future- it's easy to get discouraged sometimes!

I will look forward to my next visit here, and best wishes to you
all!

V. Clemons, Dancing Bear Farm