Re: Selenium 2nd request

Kim Leitch

i apologize for not being clear in my questions about Selenium.
I want to know the following:
1. What is the purpose of selenium in the IR horses diet?
2. How much selenium does an IR horse need?
3. Since I am feeding three different horses different amounts of the same hay, they will each be getting differing amounts of selenium, because they will be getting different amounts of the minerals. The minerals are balanced to the hay, but it seems that selenium is given in a fixed amount. Do the horses getting less minerals need added selenium?
4. Why is Grits loosing mane and tail hair? If not selenium, what else could be causing this?
--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Grits IR, Eeyore PPID, Dually ???