Splash pergolide trial

k frog

 I wanted to report Splash has responded positively to the trial of pergolide. She is brighter, no palpable digital pulses, walking with the big stride she normally has, even trotted a circle in her stall this am impatient for her breakfast.
 I am thrilled!!! This would not have happened without the information I have gained here. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
 Last fall when she had her first bout of laminitis she took about 5 months to get back to the comfort level she has reached now with just 7 days of pergolide.
 ? Am I safe to assume she is early PPID? Gold standard would be to have tested ACTH prior to starting pergolide.
    Since her ACTH was 13.5 last January, I wasn’t confident that her ACTH is going to be diagnostic in her case. I could be wrong, but chose to spend the money on Prascend instead.
 ? Would it be reasonable to wait until January to test I,G,L,ACTH, so I could compare apples to pergolide apples? Or is there another time of year to get my baselines? August testing is already on my calendar for her.
 Thank you again!
--
Karen F

October 2013