Re: 2nd request for input on trim ( Lavinia ) and continued health issues ( Dr. Kellon )

LM

Hi Dr. Kellon,

Thanks so much for the reply! Yes we were relieved (!) to see some of the good info on the x-rays and some that were fixable with trim. Unfortunately we are out of funds to do anymore x-rays. I would like to think with the better trim, after the x-rays, aligning the bony column would relieve the stress on the NB and DDFT, is that correct? Is it likely ( possible of course ) that at 14yrs of his previous trim and MUCH worse than that the first seven yrs that there is irreparable damage to the navicular area. He has been a lot more sound in the past few years so I would tend to think that is achievable again?? I am guessing there is info to be found in files on how much Jiaogulan to give. If not can you or a moderator direct me to something on this?

He is actually at 18 lbs of hay which if I did my math right that is 1.5% of body weight which I thought was correct amount. Is that incorrect? I know he thinks it is incorrect! ;) We did FINALLY get the hay sample today and will send it off to Equi-anylytical tomorrow. No doubt there are nutrient deficiencies right now with two months of ER diet. I have seen you comment on protein supplementation before. Would you suggest anything right now or just wait till we get results back?
Thanks again for all your hard work!
--
LM
March 2013