Re: New Here

Pauline <takarri@...>

Great job of getting the case history and the links to it done.  It certainly helps give a clearer picture.  Just some observations arising from that regarding the diarrhoea- when he was last wormed and when did he last have his teeth checked/floated?

 I checked through the archives to gather some more information regarding chronic diarrhoea and came up with these:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Diarrhoea

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/218169?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,diarrhea+%2B+chronic,20,2,0,12436231

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/216158?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,diarrhea+%2B+chronic,20,2,0,7795064

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/213047?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,diarrhea+%2B+chronic,20,2,0,6089585

You may have already stumbled across those with the research that you’ve been doing, but may be worth revisiting.

A body score of two is pretty severe- so I’m going to ask for some more input from the vets/volunteers for that - Pictures would be great when you get the chance- just so we know that we’re all on the same level.

The other thing noted is that he is a QH- Generally, Quarter Horses are not prone to IR, but there is a small subset that is, and so that should definitely be ruled out. They can become IR temporarily if the ACTH is not controlled. Another reason to get the full bloods done again.

--

Pauline

Geelong. Vic

Australia Aug 07