Re: Shoes or Barefoot?

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Edited

Thanks, Laurie. I'll take a good look tomorrow and get something together for you. The pix are fine.

When you have a moment, could you please combine all the pix and rads into one album - makes it a lot easier to work when everything is in one place.

Whether you want to stay in shoes or go bare is your decision. Because I'm an advocate for bare in general, I'd vote for going to bare. Each is going to have some drawbacks but my feeling is that the bare will lead to overall healthier feet over time. I'd also be in favor of getting things in motion sooner rather than later. Ideally, new rads would be fantastic so there's no question about what you can remove and what you can't. Getting both vet and farrier out together has advantages but doesn't always work if the farrier can't translate what is on the rads to what needs to be done to correct the problems. It might be more helpful to get the rads done, post them up so I can do mark-ups and explanations then show the whole thing to the farrier so that you know ahead of time what to do and what to watch out for. Again, food for thought.

BTW, the quality of the latest rads was excellent - views were really clear and focused, angles correct. It makes assessing things so much easier. The only thing that could have improved them would have been to mark the tip of the frog and the dorsal wall so there was no question about the exact location of the coronary band. Kudos to your vet.

--
Lavinia and George Too
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge