Can failure to start shedding summer coat be an earlier indicator for lack of control

I have noticed my normal aged horses starting to shed out their summer coats.  I have Brother, the QH, who appears to be beautifully controlled since his last increase.  Eyes clear, no obvious signs of excess urination.  Would it be worthwhile comparing his initiation of shedding his summer coat to my other normal aged horses to get any hints that I need to be more vigilant about the seasonal rise?    Holding onto summer coat a harbinger of out of control seasonal rise?
--
Gail Russell 8/30/2008

 https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Gail%20and%20Brother%20-%20Odin%20-%20Decaffe%20%20-Gunthar .