Re: Considerations for treatment of eye conditions for PPID/IR horses

Cassie

Thanks! I posted here in case of special protocol for IR/PPID horses, especially now that it is reoccurring and onset and treatment is occurring in the sensitive time of year.

The picture/original thread was from last year. Last year it was flushed, which didn't resolve the issue.  Later a mass was removed that was not identified.

This year the vet has assessed - it resembles conjunctivitis, but there is some suspect granular tissue.  We had the added fun this year of a displaced (i.e. no longer contained by her outer lid) third eyelid.  Thankfully that part resolved quickly!

She is in the Guardian mask now.

--
Cassie

March 2017