Re: I'm blind or something

Also, I just wanted to say, Anette, that you are not blind. There is a lot of information, and so sometimes it is tough to find the one, precise, bit of info needed.

So, here it is:

Increase by 0.25 mg every 3 or 4 days, which looks like this:

Days 1-4: 0.25 mg pergolide .  Days 5-8: 0.5 mg pergolide.  Days 9-12: 0.75 mg pergolide.  Days 13 and onwards: 1 mg pergolide.

When I prescribe, I ask for 30 days of the 1 mg capsules, plus 24 of the 0.25 mg capsules, which gets people through the titrating up phase.

If you use Prascend, split the tablets in half. Dissolve a half in 5 cc water. Suck up 2.5 cc in each of 2 syringes. Give one syringe daily for 2 days (keep the other one in the fridge). Repeat. For days 5-8, dissolve 1/2 a tab in a couple of  cc water, suck up  and administer. Repeat daily for 4 days. For days 9-12, give one syringe of a half tab, plus another syringe of the quarter tab, as in the first four days. I wish we could just split the tabs in 4, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer (or very easy).

In addition, using APF for a couple of days before starting the pergolide, and for a couple of days after reaching the target dose of 1 mg. (note that this is just an initial target dose. Many horses need to be on more.)  https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=9A7664AB-4A95-4553-9F58-37C44FDF6A82
--
Jaini Clougher (BSc, BVSc)
Merlin (over the bridge), Maggie, Gypsy, Ranger

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jaini%20and%20Merlin-Maggie-Gypsy .
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=34193.